This equation is the most important from this topic. It will help you figure out how to work with taking a solution and diluting it. The M stands for Molarity(moles per liter) and V for volume. Obviously the 1 and 2 stand for the original values the result values. HERE Crash Course goes over dilutions and Molarity in a video you've probably already seen.
Dilutions are a solution that's been "watered down" or had extra solution of a different molarity added. When "watering down" a solution to a certain molarity, you use a serial dilution, which means you take an aliqout (amount of solvent removed to make new solution) of equal amounts, and equal amounts of water. They look like this:
HERE is a video explaining serial dilution as it involves microbiology.
That should be all you need.
I think that your picture and video on dilutions are really helpful. I didn't really understand at first because I wasn't there for the lecture but this helps a lot.
ReplyDelete